Liberal Arts & Sciences Tracks in EPICUR
Add some Liberal Arts & Sciences (LAS) courses to your studies in academic year 2021/22 through the EPICUR alliance! Here is what you need to know about EPICUR-LAS:
Track core. Courses focus on:
- building intercultural competencies, collaboration, and communication skills;
- improving research, analysis, and evaluative skills;
- applying knowledge to real-world problems.
European Identities. Courses focus on:
- discovering histories, cultural geography, and social structures of Europe
- exposure to literatures, media, and other cultural output relevant for understanding and analysing current issues in Europe.
- conceptualising and engaging with dynamic concepts of cultural identity, multilingualism, cultural change and intermixture.
Natural & Societal Sustainability. Courses focus on:
- the interdependent economic, environmental, and cultural drivers of sustainability challenges as well as resulting conflicts of goals and interests;
- fostering students’ ability to engage with real-life complexities from the local to the global level;
- investigating the complex and dynamic interactions between natural and human systems and how these can be transformed in a sustainable way based on a long-term perspective.
- Starting September 2021 with some courses starting later in this year
- 20 offerings this fall/winter with more to come in 2022!
How do I apply?
- Course applications will occur through the EPICUR Interuniversity Campus , a new admissions/registration system under development during the EPICUR pilot project.
Coming soon: the EPICUR LAS Track Certificate.
- EPICUR’s Liberal Arts & Sciences group is developing a concept for track certificates in the following areas:
We will announce the full concept of LAS track certificates and how existing credits can be incorporated in them on the EPICUR website and EPICUR Interuniversity Campus platform later this year.
The EPICUR Project in short
The ambitious EU-funded project EPICUR (The European Partnership for Innovative
Since the start of the ambitious EPICUR project, all eight partner universities are jointly experimenting with different approaches in multilingualism and European linguistic diversity, Liberal Art & Sciences educational approaches, in student-centred learning and collaborative teaching, and in new forms of mobility (physical, virtual, blended) via the (virtual) EPICUR inter- university campus.
- Most questions will be answered by perusing the EPICUR course catalogue. If you don’t find answers to your questions about LAS offerings there, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
 It is recommended that students check with an adviser at their home institution to see if EPICUR courses will be recognized in their degree programme for the ECTS specified (e.g., as an elective). If this is not possible, courses can still be taken as extracurricular activities.